Hello Interwebbers, I am writing this blog entry to discuss an issue that I have already talked about in a previous entry.The issue that I am talking about is the Tablet situation I’ve had for a while.
As you may have read in my blog entry ‘Tablets, but not the medical kind’ from 29th of January 2013, I expressed my interest in purchasing a Tablet computer, but I had problems with which one I was going to buy. Originally I was going to go with the Ipad mini, but I decided to look at others, and here were my findings on each of the main contenders:
- Nexus 7: It has more memory than the cheapest Ipad (32GB for the Nexus, 16GB for the cheapest Ipad Mini) for less money (£199, compared to Apples £269), one camera (which I don’t really need)
- Galaxy Tab: more expensive than Ipad, with the cheapest around £279, but can put more memory in with SD cards, which I do like.
- Ipad Mini: I have actually used Ipads before, they seem to be pretty reliable,easy to use but quite expensive, the accessories are also too dear, and everyone buys Ipads.
- Kindle Fire: It is small, and the cheapest,maybe too small and shares similar problems with apple and the App store.
- Surface: Too expensive.Simple.
I said at the end of the blog that ‘I have narrowed it down to the Ipad Mini and the Nexus’ and I was going to decide which one I was going to get later on.It is now later on, and I have made my decision: The Nexus 7.
I decided this after I used each and every tablet on my list, trying each of them out in various tech aisles in supermarkets, and I found that the Nexus 7 was the best option for me.I also watched and read various reviews, and I believe that the Nexus 7 is the best option for me.Here are my reasons:
- It’s google, I have a google account already so that’s useful
- It’s got 32GB of storage, and that I can get for £200.I can get a 16GB Ipad mini for £269.Of course I am going for a cheaper option.
- I have used the Android OS before, and it is better than IOS, or the Blackberry OS
- It’s small.
- It also is for the things I will be using it for (Social networking, browsing and gaming)
That’s my decision, Google wins.Congratulations Google, have a cookie.Goodbye.